Most likely you know little about diabetes, and you were told that when the pancreas in the body is not producing enough insulin, then a person is said to be diabetic. That is true, but I sure know that knowing what diabetes is fully is not your concern. Your primary concern is to identify and know the local herbs for diabetes. This post shares with you the best ways to prepare local herbs that cure diabetes.
There are numerous local herbs for diabetes that is effective in managing the sickness in a more broader ways. They can be easily sourced for and cost free.
Your attention in the article should focus on these local herbs, the preparation techniques, and the constituents of the herbs.
Local herbs for diabetes here can be used by those who are not diabetic to help them provide adequate glucose in the body and limit excess of blood sugar in the body.
Local Herbs that Cure Diabetes
The list below have the most effective local herbs that can be used for diabetes. The herbs are not regional based, they can be found at any-part of the country.
Bitter leaf is botanically known as “vernonia amygdalina” is an effective local herbs for diabetes. The bitterness contained in the leaf have the potency to reduce excessive sugar content in the body.
How to Prepare Bitter Leaf
- Cut fresh leaves of bitter leaf, wash with clean water and drain well.
- Add clean(drinkable water) into a clean bowl.
- Add little water.
- Pour the leaves inside the bowl and squeeze the leaves.
- Filter to allow you remove the leaves particles from the juice
- Drink the juice regularly; morning and evening.
Tip: You can eat bitter leaf raw, add to your soup or use the juice to prepare swallows like Eba
Mango leaf is botanically identified as magnifera indica. The tender leaf from mango has a compound called tannins. The tannins is able to treat early dibetes. Therefore, it is one of the effective local herbs for diabetes. Most especially for those will early cases of diabetes.
How to Prepare Mango Leaf
- Cut the tender part of the mango leaf from the mango tree.
- Allow the tender part to dry, but do not spread in the sun, rather spread in a shade and allow to be dried under a shade.
- Blend the dry tender part of the mango leaf into powdered form and in a clean and well covered container.
- Add half tablespoon to your meal.
- You can add to pap or water and drink.
Dongoyaro is known botanically as azadirachta indica. The use of dongoyaro as a local herb for diabetes is because of the anti-diabetic agent. Generally, dongoyaro is recognized with its bitter taste.
How to prepare Dongoyaro
- Cut the young leaves of neem(dongoyaro) and wash with with clean water.
- Squeeze the leaf in a clean bowl after thorough washing of your hands
- Filter the juice from the leaves.
- Drink the juice first thing in the morning; on an empty stomach.
Ewedu (Jute Leaf):
The jute leaf which is botanically identified as Corchorus olitorius is another effective local herb for the treatment of diabetes.
How to Prepare Ewedu (jute leaf)
- Buy fresh jute leaf or cute from a garden. The quantity that you did desire.
- Go ahead and dry, but do not sun dry so as to prevent sun from extracting the nutrients.
- Blend or ground it together as soon as you are done drying.
- Place the grounded constituents in a clean and dry bottle
- Add the constituents to your pap or beverages three times a week.
- Tips: You can use the fresh ewedu leaf to prepare soup. You can do that at least three twice a week.
Basil Leaf (Efinrin):
Another local herb that is making the list of local herbs for diabetes is the leaf locally known by the yoruba’s as efinrin and botanically identified as ocimum gratissimum. Basil leaf is to be used with basalm pear.
How to Prepare Efinrin
- Cut fresh leave of efinrin and that of basalm pear and wash with clean water
- Squeeze the constituent with moderate water.
- Drink the constituents three times a day.
The brimstone tree is botanically known as morinda lucida. This has great effect when patients with diabetes uses it locally. But how is it prepared?
How to Prepare Brimstone Tree
- Cut the fresh leave of brimstone and add little leaves of bitter leaf to it.
- Wash with clean water and squeeze well.
- Filter it and save in a clean container.
- Take a glass cup of the filtered brimstone and bitter leaf everyday.
- Tip: You can keep the juice inside the refrigerator.
Guava leaf is botanically refers to as psidium guava. The guava leaf is to be used alongside the scent leaf in the ration 60:40 respectively.
How to prepare Guava and Scent Leaf
- Wash both leaves in a clean water
- Put them in a pot and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and drink the filtered portion regularly.
These are the list of local herbs that cure diabetes and how to prepare them.
Therefore, if you are a diabetic patients, try any of the herbs mentioned here. However, for those who are not diabetic, and those who are willing to know the symptoms to identify if they are diabetic. These are what you should know.
Read also: Incredible Health Benefits of Cashew
Symptoms of Diabetes
- If you have frequent urination, visit your doctor to test you.
- If your wounds take a long taime to heal
- An abnormal quest for water.
- Sugar ants trailing your urine.
Precautions to be Taken
- Stay away from food that you know will have high level of sugar content and presence of processed carbohydrate. They can place you at higher risk of diabetes
- Avoid excessive intake of alcohol and smoking. If possible quit the intake.
- Avoid eating processed foods or meat.
- Take part in a regular exercise.
After reading through the local herbs for diabetes and you agree to using any of them. After days or few months of using any of the local herbs here, make sure you visit the hospital to check your sugar level. You are doing this to be sure that you have changes in the sugar level and to prevent you from a low sugar level as well.
Finally, maintain a healthy lifestyle by avoiding foods and drinks that have the ability to foster diabetes.